Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Going to the NRA Meeting in Indy

While being a NRA member for years, I’ve never been to the Annual Meeting. It has always looked like something fun to attend, but not enough for me to travel for it. While there would well worth the trip to see all the exhibitors, I've just never put much thought into attending.

This will change next April. The 2014 NRA Annual Meeting is scheduled to take place in Indianapolis, IN. Not exactly next door to my home in Wisconsin, but only a 9 to 10 hour road trip. That’s very doable for me.

There are two reasons that pushed me over the edge on attending to 2014 NRA Meeting. First off I looked at the scheduled locations for future meeting: Indianapolis 2014, Nashville 2015, Louisville 2016, Atlanta 2017 & Dallas 2018. It won't be getting any closer to me for the conceivable future. The other main reason is because of an internet forum.

Over the past six months or so, I've been spending way too much time on a forum. I've gotten to know some of the regular members pretty well know and Indy is a good centralized place for many of us to me. I find this to be a very strange reason for me.

I am not a “people person” to begin with and never been into chatting with strangers on the internet. But, like I said, I spend way too much time on a forum and I can’t help find it intriguing to meet some of the faces behind the icons and comments they post.

So last night I reserved a hotel room in Indy so I can attend a convention six months from now. This may be quite the adventure for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment