Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Friday, May 16, 2014

Range Report: Ruger Gunsite Scout First Real Shots



After dinner I took the new scout rife down to one of the area gun clubs. Fired 30 rounds and roughly zeroed the iron sights in at 50 yards.

I had one FTF, but that was caused by me fumbling with the bolt. It was a rock star moment. You know, like when they fall off the stage. Other than that it cycles smooth. The trigger is better than I'm used to. Very fun to shoot.

Besides firing five rounds into the pistol berm the other night, this was the first time I shot the little carbine. Initially I must say I'm very pleased.

I'm not one who feels he needs to stock up a ton of ammo for each caliber gun he owns. I have a large supply of ammo for my EDC and fighting carbines, but many firearms I don't shoot much, I only have a box or two on hand. I'll tell you right now I'm going to be buying .308 in bulk now. This rifle is tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment