Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Sunday, August 18, 2013

I Threw The Bible At A Holy Rolling Anti-Gunner Once

It's true, I threw the Bible at a holy rolling anti-gunner. Not proud. Not ashamed either.

It was at the height of the last big gun control push. My Facebook feed was overran with both gun control and pro 2nd Amendment posts. Status updates, likes, share of the pictures with the almost true facts and all the rest.

A guilty pleasure of mine is watching the internet fights between strangers. I've spent many lunch breaks opening an online news article on something political, skip the article itself and read through the comments. I don't waste my time to get involved with an internet fight with a total stranger.It's absolutely a waste of time. But during the peak of the national debate, I had to say something.

I'm not sure why I did it. Must of been a bad day at work or something, but I did it I responded to a holier than thou Bible thumper's idiotic comment. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ripping on the person's faith. I'm ripping on that person's holier than thou attitude. Huge difference.



Anyway, that person wrote a comment along the line of Assault rifles are the TOOLS of SATAN!! Would JESUS have an AR-15???? I think NOT!!!!! It's been a few months not and that not an exact quote, but that's pretty dang close. Complete with the selective all caps and the extra punctuation to get the point across. That was way too tempting for me to let slide by.

It was around Easter time, so I happened to be freshly reminded of a little story. From the Bible. I replied something close to the following. The "assault weapon" of the time of Jesus was the sword. When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus while he was in the garden, his disciple Peter, struck one of the soldiers in the head with a sword and sliced off his ear. Now would Jesus have an AR-15, probably not. But not only St. Peter would have one. He would tried to save Jesus with it.

The response I got from that person used some rather colorful language to call me names I didn't think a good Christian would call a fellow man, but I wasn't surprised. In my personal experience, most anti-gunners are complete hypocrites.


No comments:

Post a Comment