Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Monday, August 12, 2013

So Begins Another Blog

Time to time on my personal blog, I get in a rut and post the same topic over and over. My goal was to avoid that. I did not want a single topic blog. I want to post something at anytime about whatever was on my mind.

The whole point of my personal blog was so I could rant and not annoy my Facebook friends. They would have to take the effort to go to my blog to be annoyed. It works out great for everybody this way. For some reason, people actually started following my blog. Weird.

For a while I got into a rut and posted a bunch of stuff on small business and entrepreneurship topics. So much, in fact, I decided to spin off another blog on that topic alone. After Sandy Hook and the resulting big push by the anti-gunners for more useless gun control I started posted a lot on the 2nd Amendment, the gun control push, and other firearm related topics.

Since that time I've been kicking around the idea of spinning off another blog. I have been holding back because I feared I would start a new blog every time I got into a rut, but I don't see it happening.

This is a subject I feel I am knowledgeable and passionate enough to justify blogging about. Besides being an avid shooter, hunter and life long admirer of firearms. I have an engineering and manufacturing background, including working for a small defense contractor since 2006. I also have concealed carry permits issued by two different states.

While I will not claim to be an expert in any way, I do have a solid understanding of firearms. I plan to express my views and opinions on all sorts of firearm topics. Maybe you'll find my views informative, most likely you won't. But hopefully this will be a blog you enjoy to read and I enjoy to have.

Please note this blog is a work in progress and I will be adding more posts,links and other content soon. I have a few drafts I am cleaning up and will be posting soon.

I am still messing around with the layout, color schemes and all the rest. Please let me know what you think and of any suggestions you my have to make this more pleasant to view, navigate,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment