Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Monday, December 30, 2013

You Meet the Nicest People on Glock ID

I admit I never spent too much time on internet forums. I have alway found how they could be useful and entertaining, but I just never got into them. Until I stumbled upon Glock ID last April.

Now I spend a lot of time there. Too much time some days. Many day actually. It is a very unique site. Glock ID is not your run of the mill web forum. It is kind of a cross between a traditional forum and Twitter or Facebook. All posts are made in a Q&A Board and the feed is similar to Facebook or Twitter.

There is a pretty dynamic group of people on there who have interest far greater that just asking what the new Glock models that will be introduced at SHOT Show are going to be. There is lots of fun off topic post and banter between members who have gotten to know each other is fun to watch and participate in. But this post isn't really about Glock ID at all.

This post is really about the new West Marshland Armory's graphics. A fellow member of Glock ID that I consider a friend of mine, even though I only know him by his screen name of superfair92, made these for me. Long story short: I didn't ask for these, he made them because he likes doing that kind of stuff. He knew I was working on getting this blog up and running, so he thought he'd give me a hand. So thought I would mention here where the new artwork came from.

Since this place now has some official looking custom graphics, I guess I better start working on this place more. I have some new martial to add that I am working on along with some YouTube videos that will go along with it. I will start doing some product reviews of firearms and gear that I own and post some articles on concealed carry and other related topics. For those you have started following this blog, I sincerely thank you and I will do my best to make this an informative and entertaining place for your to visit.

As always, please feel free to comment below with any questions, your opinions or additional information you would like to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment