Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Finally Tracked Down a Scout!


I've been looking for a Ruger Gunsite Scout for a long, long time. For well over a year I've had three area LGS trying to find me one and checking regularly at the closest Gander Mountain. I've even had one on back order for over 8 months, but that order got screwed up.

Well, a friend of mine out East who runs a gun store must of just got some in stock and remembered me whining about it. She sent me a message and I sent her my credit card info. My very own Ruger Gunsite Scout should be arriving some time next couple of days. I am impatiently waiting a call from my local FFL to do the transfer.

I've been fascinated with Jeff Cooper's scout rifle concept for many years. Mainly because it would make the perfect deer rifle for the Wisconsin North Woods, were a handy brush gun is more practical than a 600 yard tack driver.

Besides being my new deer rifle, I think I am going to have a lot of fun with this on the range. I look forward to seeing just how accurate I can be with this new rifle at distance, and how proficient I can be with it in "run & gun" type tactical shooting. Of course the scout rifle is not meant to be "ideal" for all uses, but it is meant to be pretty good at them.

While I like the idea of a "one rifle that can do it all" and I feel this is a excellent option for that; I'm still glad I have options for more purpose built firearms for each roll the scout rifle can fill.

Much, much more on this rifle to come....

Please feel free to comment below or join the discussion on the new West Marshland Armory Forum.
The forum is new and just getting started. A few friends of mine from other firearms forums have joined and we hope you join us by signing up for a free membership. Once we have 100 active members we will start having prize giveaways and other rewards for participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment