Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Sunday, November 3, 2013

What are your thoughts on Cheaper Than Dirt now?

At the height of the ammo shortage and gun ban push earlier this past year, Cheaper Than Dirt got a lot of heat for price gouging. On Facebook, forums, blogs and internet outlets there was a movement put in place to boycott Cheaper Than Dirt (CTD).

The other morning I placed an order from CTD for ammo and new night sights. I was reluctant to place the order, but it was by far the best deal around for those items. Buying from them allowed me to stay on my written budget and still get a few extra boxes of ammo. I bought 10mm 180gr FMJ for 38 cents a round. I paid 67 cents a round for the exact same ammo 9 months ago from a different popular retailer.

To be honest, it’s been at least 15 years since I’ve bought anything from them. So I don’t feel too bad about giving them my money now for that reason. They’re a company I kind of forgot about until the uproar.

Once the call to boycott was all over the internet, I started to pay attention to CTD. Using gunbot.net to search pricing and availability for ammo I want, I really haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary from CTD when compared to other sources. There prices were within reason to the other retailers; both currently as I write this and at the peak of the calls to boycott.

Because of that, I wonder if there is something I missed prior to the boycott movement, or is CTD being singled out unfairly by hear say. I am by no means trying to defend or accuse CTD. Like I said, I haven’t bought a single thing from them until now for over 15 years. I have my preferred local and online sources for ammo that I’ve been using for years. Just at this time they are all either out of stock on 10mm, or way more expensive. I’m just curious if there is a specific incident that I’m unaware of.

I’m just curious to what your thoughts are on Cheaper Than Dirt. Still boycotting? Gone back to buying from them? Never bought or heard of them in the first place?

Please comment below or join the discussion on our forum:
Cheaper Than Dirt: Still boycotting?”

Speaking of forums, I asked a similar question on this topic on Glock ID:
http://id.glock.com/answer/question/view/id/91728

If you’re not familiar with Glock ID, it may be worth checking out. It is not your typical forum and you don’t need to be a Glock Fanboy like me to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. They will never get my money again. $65 Pmags and 3 times the ammo cost the day after the CT school shooting. They are scum. Think they won't do it again? Just wait. They have done it at least twice in the past. Never, ever again! I will throw rocks or use my rifles as clubs before they see another dime from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cancelled my account with them when they started their gouging again and will never spend another dime with them. They are dead to me! Check out their 22lr ammo prices on gunbot.

    ReplyDelete