Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

First Impressions: Perfecta Ammo

A few days ago while on a Walmart run, I swung by the sporting goods area looking for some .308 to try in the GSR. At the time they didn't have much of a selection, mostly hunting rounds. For FMJ target ammo in .308, they had either the steel case Tulammo, or leadless Perfecta.

I skipped on the Tula, since I still have a box or two of it and so far it’s the only ammo I’ve had trouble with shooting through my scout rifle. It twice now it has not wanted to eject without out me having to slap on the bolt.

I've only read a little about Prefecta on forums and really didn't know much about it. All I knew that it was made in Italy by Fiocchi and distributed by Tulammo USA. Pretty sure it’s Tula Brass Maxx, just in a different wrapper. But since I've been trying out just about anything with my new toy, I figured I’d get a few boxes.

I have to say, for the price this is some very nice ammo. It was clean, primers & bullets seated properly & uniformly, and feed & ejected flawlessly. It’s not match grade, but it it’s far from match grade price too. I was shooting 2” to 3” groups off sandbags at 100 yards with a 1X red dot sight.





Disclaimer and Excuses Time: Don't put too much weight in the 2” to 3” groups. I only shot one box of the stuff through a rifle that’s still new to me and with a red dot I just got. Plus the biggest thing to keep in mind is that I'm a mediocre shot on a good day. 

Over all, I like this stuff and will shoot it again. The price is decent as well as its performance (so far). It may be stuff I will stock up on too. Someday I’d like to take the GSR to a class and the one I’d like to take the most is on a lead free range. So this may be the ticket for that endeavor, if it ever pans out.



Inside the Plain Jane packaging is some very nice looking ammo. 

Besides looking nice, it cycles and fires well and doesn't leave the chamber and bore too dirty at the end of the day.



4 comments:

  1. HAVE BEEN SHOOTING THIS 308 AMMO FOR OVER A YEAR. DARN GOOD STUFF FOR THE MONEY. WILL BE BUYING MORE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know its leadless primers not bullets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know its leadless primers not bullets

    ReplyDelete