Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Thursday, August 7, 2014

First Impressions of the INCOG Holster

INCOG IWB holster from G-Code & HSP.
It’s no secret or denying that I've become a fan boy of any product made by or collaborated with by Haley Strategic Partners. I keep the Inforce WML on my home defense AR (which I think is the best weapons light out there) and I have the D3 chest rig. Both items are top notch and well made products.

I've had my eye on the INCOG holster, but it wasn't a “must have” item. But because of  the reviews I've seen online and feedback from friends who have one, the holster has been on the back of my mind for a long time. Now that I've been growing more and more intrigued with the ideas of appendix carry and carrying a backup, I decided to give an INCOG a try since it is such a versatile design.

First off, here on some links to a few YouTube videos that helped convinced me to order an INCOG
INCOG Concealment Holster by HSP & G Code |Sootch00


Overall fit, finish and features of the INCOG are excellent.
The holster took just under 7 weeks from order to it showing up on my doorstep. Not the fastest delivery, but the customer service was good. I received weekly status emails and once the order shipped tracking emails.

The holster is well designed with the features you want on a good carry holster. There are no rough or sharp edges to catch on clothing or to scratch your firearm. There is generous clearance for the front site when upholstering. The bottom of the trigger guard is clear to allow you to get a good purchase on the gun’s grip. And there is great retention, yet the gun draws freely.

The holster is ruggedly construction with well-built components. The hardware is high quality and the molded plastic parts are excellent. The outside of the holster is covered in the “tactical fuzz” material that is soft to the touch. Besides being built stoutly, the belt clips are adjustable for position.

Bottom of the trigger guard is cleared to allow a good grip.
I've been wearing it for a few weeks know. Not nearly long enough to get it a thorough review, but I think it’s safe to say I like it. For me, it is very comfortable to wear all day appendix with one of the belt clips removed. I also have worn it at the 4 o’clock position. At 4 o’clock it was not as comfortable as my leather Kydex hybrid style IWB holster, but still comfortable. Certainly something I could get used to.

So far I'm very impressed overall. The holster is well made and functional. It’s comfortable to wear and quick to put on and take off. A very good option if you are looking for a versatile holster for multiple carry options.










What are your thoughts on the INCOG Holster? If you have one, how do you like yours? 
Please comment below or join the discussion on the free West Marshland Armory forum.
Link to forum post on this subject: First Impressions of the INCOG Holster

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I've read many posts about gun holster, and I can tell that yours is very valuable. So you’ve decided to go ahead with concealed carry. You’ve gone through all the required training, looked over all your options, and made your choice as to what gun you want. But don’t forget, when thinking about concealed carry, you have to decide where you want to carry. See more http://survival-mastery.com/diy/weapons/best-concealed-carry-holster.html

    ReplyDelete