Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Glock Perfection! Once you replace everything......

How many times have you've seen something like this on a gun forum or social site?
"Glock Perfection! Just picked up another Glock. Hands down the best pistol ever made! Glocks are the best and what every other manufacturer tries to copy, but comes up short. I can't wait to get it to the range and try it out. But first I need to put on Trijicon HD sights, get a Lonewolf barrel, titanium guide rod, Wolf springs, a Zev Tec trigger, a Ghost connector, an extended mag well, Pierce  magazine extensions, Hogue grips, an anodized aluminum Punisher slide plate and then cerakote the slide."
Guess I've spent way too much time on gun forums. I fully admit I am a Glock fanboy, my G19 is on my hip as I type this. But some of the hardcore fanboys really crack me up and unknowingly provide me with a lot of entertainment when they make comments like the above..

As comical as my above (slightly) exaggerated typical gun forum comment is, it does point out a plus of Glock's popularity: a seemingly endless supply of aftermarket parts. They are kind of like an AR in that they are fine right out of the box. A few aftermarket parts can be added to fit your personal preferences or needs. Or you can go all out and throw away every original component down to the frame and rebuild with replacement parts and end up with something three times as expensive and marginally better.

Some people should be honest and say "Glocks are the best! The are a nice piece of plastic to mount a ton of overpriced aftermarket parts to. And replace them with the next trendy gadget that becomes popular on the dozen YouTube gun channels I watch daily."

As for me, I'm one of those who just replace the sights, simply because I like three dots over the box thingy, and add Talon grip tape. I'm not really one of those "leave it stock" kind of guys. Glocks are just good enough as is for my needs.

If you would like to discuss this on the free West Marshland Amroy Forum, please follow this link and look for the discussion with the same title.

No comments:

Post a Comment