Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Warming Up to Appendix and an INCOG Update

Over the past few months I've become what seems to be an ever increasing number of people who are warming up to appendix carry. I never saw it coming either.

No, I was never one of those "you'll shoot your balls off" screamers. With the firearm secured in a quality holster that covers the trigger guard, this method of carry is just as safe as on the hip. It just never appealed to me because it didn't look like it would be comfortable. Not to mention it makes you looks like a tough guy wanna be.

As I mentioned in previous posts that since I bought an INCOG, I've been carrying appendix on occasion. Over the last few months it has become my primary way to carry. Especially now that I'm carrying a Walther PPS more often.

As the weather warms up and I'm wearing jeans or shorts with just a T-shirt more often, appendix is looking like a natural fit for me.

While concealing with just a T-shirt at 4 o'clock is not too hard with my scrawny frame, I've found so far that appendix allows more freedom of movement for me without printing.

Speaking of the INCOG holster, it has put my old Crossbreed brand hybrid holster into retirement. In fact I am going to buy another one pretty soon. It really is a great all around holster that is very comfortable at appendix, and comfortable enough for me to wear all day long at 4 o'clock. I will be getting an INCOG for any new handgun that I may ever end up carrying if they make one for it.

Previous posts on the INCOG:
First Impressions of the INCOG Holster
Update on the INCOG Holster: 01/01/2015


No comments:

Post a Comment