Welcome to the Sioux Scout website

Welcome to the Sioux Scout website
The Sioux Scout website is a place to find fun and informative content ranging from the outdoors in general, hiking & camping on one end, and self reliance & preparedness on the other. The goal is to show just how much those two cultures have in common. A Prepper can learn a lot from a Hiker and vise versa.

We are all about having a positive focused mindset, having the right gear and the know how to work the two together for whatever adventure lays ahead.
"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Monday, January 6, 2014

Getting a Chest Rig


I may have trouble sleeping for a while, I just ordered one of these.

A few years ago I used to laugh at friends (well out of hear shot of course) who had chest rigs. I thought of them as weekend warrior playing Army types. But that was a few years ago. Before I actually tried a 3 gun event or other "run and gun" type shooting games. Then I quickly realized how much fun it is to "play Army" and how handy some gear can be.

It was also before I realized that, in a bad situation, having fast access to spare mags, medical, and other gear in a small convenient to carry package is actually a very good idea. So for about the last year and a half, I've been looking around for the ideal chest rig for me. Something small and simple, yet still have all the features I wanted.

A few months ago I seen the review of the Haley Strategic D3 Chest Rig on the Range Time with Cory & Erika YouTube Channel. After watching it, I decided that was the ideal chest rig for me.

It's streamlined minimalist design and features will fill my needs nicely. It should have plenty of room for the gear I plan to put in it and not become bulky or end the way during use. I'm really looking forward to trying this out when it arrives.

Reference links:
Range Time with Cory & Erika Review
Overview from Travis Haley of Haley Strategic



No comments:

Post a Comment